South Sudan | Who is Where, When, doing What (4Ws) in Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS) – 2018
This report was prepared by the MHPSS Technical Working Group of South Sudan, with the objective of facilitating the exchange of information among MHPSS actors in South Sudan and to provide orientation with external MHPSS stakeholders. This mapping is based on the Inter Agency Standing Committee (IASC) MHPSS 4Ws (IASC, 2012) tool.
This 4Ws tool for MHPSS is useful for the following:
• Providing a big picture of the size and nature of the MHPSS response
• Identifying gaps in the MHPSS response to enable coordinated action
• Enabling referral by making information available about who is where, when, doing what
• Informing appeal processes
• Improving transparency and legitimacy of MHPSS through structured documentation
• Improving possibilities for reviewing patterns of practice and for drawing lessons for future response.