Nepal: Earthquake 2015: Office of the Resident Coordinator: Situation report no. 2
1. Most affected areas are Gorkha, Lamjung and Sindhupalchok as well as Kathmandu, Bhaktapur, Lalitpur Districts.
2. Latest government figures on total causalities is 1,900 with more than 5,000 injured. This is expected to increase.
3. The Government of Nepal has officially requested international assistance.
4. In support of national efforts, international search and rescue teams have begun to arrive into Kathmandu.
5. Total affected population not yet determined but 30 of 75 districts are reported to be affected. According to 2011 Census data, total population for affected districts is….. Projections on numbers of affected are being developed.