[French Version] Training in Psychological First Aid Module 2: Basic PFA
This training introduces participants to basic psychological first aid (PFA). The activities take between eight to nine hours and can be run in one long day OR over one-and-a-half days. It includes managing complex situations and reactions and guides helpers in selfcare. It is suitable for all psychosocial staff and volunteers and others providing direct care and support to people in distress. It aims to enable participants to:
– Know more about reactions to distress
– Know what psychological first aid is and what it is not
– Understand the three action principles of ‘Look, Listen and Link’
– Have practised providing PFA to someone in distress
– Have considered complex reactions and situations
– Be aware of the importance of self-care when helping others.