Afghanistan Earthquake, Situation Report no. 3
1. Approximately 88% of assessments (of the estimated 1,632 affected villages) are complete. IOM assessment of the data collected will facilitate gap analysis.
2. Verified reports indicate: 115 fatalities; 524 people injured; 11,616 homes damaged and 6,929 houses destroyed.
3. Assessments indicate 130,093 people are in need of humanitarian assistance, of which 67,640 people have received some form of assistance so
4. More than 50,000 people were affected in Badakhshan, where property damage was most extensive. The earthquake claimed the most lives
and caused the most casualties in Kunar and Nangarhar.
5. Access remains the most significant challenge in providing assistance to people in need and is an issue reaching at least 195 villages affected by the quake.