JEiE Call for Papers – Special Issue on PSS and SEL
The Journal on Education in Emergencies (JEiE) seeks research articles and field notes submissions for a special issue on psychosocial support (PSS) and social and emotional learning (SEL) in education in emergencies with a projected publication in Summer/Fall 2020.
Submission deadline: January 7, 2020
JEiE welcomes theoretical and empirical research articles that address any aspect of PSS and/or SEL in conflict or crisis contexts. Additionally, JEiE welcomes field note submissions that present innovative tools or approaches related to PSS and/or SEL in emergencies, or observations and commentary on research work. JEiE also invites suggestions for books for review on these themes. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Psychological foundations of PSS and/or SEL for educational practices and pedagogy in emergencies
- PSS/SEL measurements, metrics, tools, or assessments developed for education in emergencies (EiE)
- PSS/SEL programming and initiatives in formal and nonformal EiE spaces
- Capacity building and psychosocial support for teachers, parents, caregivers, mentors, and communities
- Development and revision of PSS/SEL educational materials in conflict and crisis contexts
- PSS/SEL and higher education
- PSS/SEL as a preventative measure against future conflict
- Effectiveness of and challenges associated with PSS/SEL programming
- Psychiatric and mental health counseling access and availability for students and young people affected by conflict and crisis
All manuscripts are subject to a double-blind peer review process and must have a 200-word abstract. Research articles should be 9,000 words or fewer, including references, and field notes submissions should be 4,000 words or fewer, including references. Formatting and references should follow the Chicago Manual of Style, 16th Edition.
Recognizing the global scope of these issues, JEiE seeks submissions from all regions of the world.
The deadline for submitting manuscripts is January 7, 2020. Please submit manuscripts via PeerTrack, JEiE‘s manuscript submission system, at https://www.editorialmanager.com/jeie/default.aspx. Authors are invited to submit abstracts for brief comment from the JEiE Editorial Team regarding their manuscript’s suitability for inclusion in the special issue until November 15, 2019.
N.B. Manuscript submissions must be written in English. For more information about this requirement, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Inquiries regarding topic or scope for the special issue can be sent to email@example.com. For more information about JEiE’s requirements and submission process please refer to: https://inee.org/evidence/journal/information-for-authors.