SADC MEMBER STATES ADOPT KEY DOCUMENTS FOR HOLISTIC CARE OF VULNERABLE CHILDREN AND YOUTH
- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 12 years, 3 months ago by .
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
REPSSI is delighted to note that a major step forward for the region was taken last Friday (3rd June) when SADC members adopted two key documents for the welfare of vulnerable children and youth across the region.
The first is the Minimum Package of Services for Orphans, Vulnerable Children and Youth (OVC & Y), which presents a holistic package of services to meet the needs of OVC & Y across the region.
The second is the Psychosocial Support Framework, which aims to ensure that the basic principles and quality of psychosocial care and support for orphans and other vulnerable children and youth are consistently applied and available in the SADC Member States.
REPSSI is proud to have partnered with SADC and UNICEF in the process of developing these documents.
Useful Links (click to view):
• SADC PRESS RELEASE: Joint Meeting of SADC ministers responsible for youth and ministers responsible for vulnerable children, 1-3 June, 2011, Windhoek, NAMIBIA – http://bit.ly/iCPeEi
• Situational Analysis of Orphans and Other Vulnerable Children and Youth in the SADC Region – http://bit.ly/mryiCL
• SADC Psychosocial Support Framework (final version due for release at the end of June) – http://bit.ly/iNyrYS
• Minimum Package of Services for Orphans, Vulnerable Children and Youth (final version due for release at the end of June) – http://bit.ly/mryiCL